Certosa Island – Venice, Italy
Organized by: Polo Nautico Vento di Venezia
Teacher: Matteo Tamassia, Shipwright
10 days course to build 2 wooden boats of 2,70 metres
This package allows guests to live their passion of the sea and boat making. In 10 days, pupils will learn and physically build a pram sailing and rowing boat of 2,70 m., round hull built with overlapping planking, spritsail, dagger board and paddles, positioned for a single paddler or with a passenger.
Every course starts on a Friday with each day consisting of a mixture of theory and practice. The christening of the newly built will take place on the last day of the course. Pupils will be able to spend the rest of their free leisure time to visit the sites of Venice. Private excursions to the city’s navel attractions such as the Historical Naval Museum, the Arsenal and the Squero (gondola shipyard) provide pupils with a deeper insight into the history of Venice.
Cost per person: € 1.850,00
Detailed project description: Small sailing and rowing boats
- 60 hours of tuition (6 hours per day)
- 9 nights stay at the Venice Certosa Hotel
- Graduation three-course-dinner at the end of course at Il Certosino restaurant
- Visits to the Historical Naval Museum, to the Arsenal and to a “squero”
- Kayak tour in Venice
November 2014 course:
- Friday 14th November – Sunday 23rd November 2014
- Book by the 31st October 2014
- Full balance upon reservation.
PDF download: Course Build in wood to navigate 2014.